Thursday, May 21, 2009

Silverclouds have Silver Linings



What a great day it was. Bucketlisted indeed were a few things that were not on my list but can I cheat and stick them there so that today I can say I accomplished them?? Okay, thanks...

1. Day started out in Black Canyon City and a visit to our beloved Desert Nuns: The Poor Clares. I love them all. Sr. Augustine Marie is dear to me; a spiritual fireball and I have felt her prayers. The sisters are a profound treasure to the valley; a trip here would be incomplete unless you pay a visit up St. Joseph's Road (not kidding-and I do mean UP)to visit the site of Our Lady of Solitude. Here's some bio info, but be sure to visit their website and Blog: http://www.desertnuns.com/index.htm

2. Some dear friends had their marriage blessed in the church. Ron and I witnessed their sacramental professions during a very short but sweet ritual at Our Lady of Joy. These folks are fine examples of courage, devotion and the centering of their lives on Christ. I am humbled. Congratulations Don and Theresa!
Bucketlist Item #1: I am finally a Maid of Honor at age 43.

3. Bucketlist Item #2: Got to ride in their 1964 Bently Silver Cloud, replete with reversed british steering. What a nice ride. I want one.

No comments:

Post a Comment