Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Lenten Promises - A study in contrasts

(From Friend X)  Hello dear friends and family,

I wanted to let you know I am attempting to disconnect a bit for Lent.  My smartphone is making my brain melt and I need to be less well-informed and more productive.  This will not be easy! I love checking Catholic news sites and flooding your inboxes with things I think you must have right away.  So some of you may have a more peaceful Lent if I am successful! 
I will only check email in the am and sometimes pm, (rather than every five minutes), so feel free to call or text me if you need me to know something asap.  
I will try to get back to you asap. :-)
God bless you all and may you have a blessed Lent!
 ____________________________________________
(Karen's Version) Dear friends and family.   
I wanted to let you know I am attempting to give up chocolate for lent.  During this time I intend to go into sulfuric brain meltdown and annihilate any shred of sanity that held me together.  Please give a handsome tip to the men coming for me in the white truck and let my children know that I stashed the rest of their sees candies in the bottom of the laundry basket.  This will not be easy! I love eating chocolate all day and in any variety.
Please know that the sooner the truck comes for me the safer you will all be.   
So some of you may have a more peaceful Lent if I am successful!  
Family day is Sunday; feel free to drop in.  Please announce yourself At the visitor center as you will need to b padded down for weapons or Betty Crocker frosting cannisters. 
Please water the plants.  
I will try to get back to you asap. :-) 
God bless you all and may you have a blessed Lent!

 Me, yesterday.

1 comment:

  1. Me too! No more Ghiradelli until Easter! (sigh)

    ReplyDelete