Sunday, July 22, 2012

Ear Candy

An unlikely duo sing this amazing piece to Our Holy Mother. Composed by Slow Hand after a particularly difficult substance abuse relapse, here we find our human condition that can be comforted only by Our Mother; the universal Mother of God of whom we are all her children.  These two gentlemen, well-acquainted with that plaintiff cry, remind us of this.

This is a special day for me.  Not only is it on the regular (non-Sunday) calendar as my patron's saint's feast day (St. Mary Magdalene), but it is also the day that I celebrate my son-saint in heaven's birthday...he would be 25.  Happy birthday, Michael.  I miss you so...


Holy Mother, where are you?
Tonight I feel broken in two.
I've seen the stars fall from the sky.
Holy mother, can't keep from crying.

Oh I need your help this time,
Get me through this lonely night.
Tell me please which way to turn
To find myself again.

Holy mother, hear my prayer,
Somehow I know you're still there.
Send me please some peace of mind;
Take away this pain.

Thanks Candida for this beautiful reminder. 

No comments:

Post a Comment