Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Oct 22, 1949

October 22, 1949 was the day that Jack Iles married Gwendolyn Phillips in Columbiaville, Michigan. My parents would have celebrated their 59th Wedding Anniversary. As it stands, Dad went on to his eternal reward on my Mom's Birthday in March of 2007. Suffice it to say, he was out of gift ideas? (Oh that was bad...but he would have loved it.) My parents are wonderful people. In mom's later trials with Altzheimer's, Dad completely took over as her caretaker. This was a complete role-reversal since it was always Mom who handled all of the domestic activity for our family. For a man who never diapered a baby, he more than made up for any lost time in helping his wife. [There is balance in the universe!] They took care of each other. I am so grateful for my folks; for giving me life and for sticking it out. What great examples you have been to me.

I love you both.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment