Tuesday, February 24, 2009

A Prayer on the Porch of Lent

O, Lord, You know the profound desire of my heart: to assimilate and unite myself to You in order to live Your life alone. If sublime states of prayer and flights of the spirit are not for me, the Cross is my share. You offer it to me and I embrace it with all my heart. I know that what is easily within my reach, what I encounter every day, what is most suitable and proportioned to my misery, is suffering, for no human life is without sorrow.

Lord, grant that in every suffering, physical as well as moral, I may be intimately associated with Your Passion, for the salvation of souls. Now that You are glorified at the right hand of the Father, You can no longer suffer. Deign, then, to suffer in me and to use my poor humanity to continue Your work of redemption.
Fr. Gabriel of St. Mary Magdalene, Divine Intimacy

Lord, Bless our Lent.

No comments:

Post a Comment